Hey, there! Log in / Register

Fire in a walk-in refrigerator doesn't escape at Tufts Medical Center

The Boston Fire Department reports a fire in a walk-in refrigerator on the seventh floor of a Tufts Medical Center building on Harrison Avenue did not extend past the refrigerator walls this afternoon.

136 Harrison Ave. was evacuated as a precaution, but no toxic gases escaped the sealed refrigerator, the department says. A BFD hazmat specialist will remain on scene until an environmental-cleanup crew arrives to take care of business.

Neighborhoods: 
Topics: 

Ad:
Like the job UHub is doing? Consider a contribution. Thanks!