Hey, there! Log in / Register

Lucky the fire started when it did

Valerie reports her uncle lived in a Stoneham house destroyed in a three-alarm fire last night:

I am so grateful it happened at 10pm instead of 2am. If it had happened later I fear we would be planning a funeral today. John said it spread really fast. He overheard his downstairs neighbor on the phone to her DH saying that she had a candle going and it caught the curtains on fire.

Free tagging: 

Ad:
Like the job UHub is doing? Consider a contribution. Thanks!

Comments

Good for Uncle John for escaping and all. But what's a DH?

up
Voting closed 0

DH usually means "dear husband", a.k.a. beloved spouse, in this context.

up
Voting closed 0

Thx

up
Voting closed 0

Maybe she was on the phone with Big Papi.

up
Voting closed 0

It was confirmed that a firework had landed in the gutter and started the fire, it wasn't the candle. The downstairs neighbor was my mother.

up
Voting closed 0