By adamg on Sun, 08/26/2018 - 3:09pm
In 1925, Boston Commonwealth Airport (it had not yet been named after Gen. Edward Lawrence Logan) consisted of four hangars and one runway - which was enough for the biplanes that still used it - as shown in these photos taken by Fairchild Aerial Survey of New York.
By 1971, of course, the airport had grown, as had the size of the planes and the skyline across the harbor:
See it larger.
Photos from the BPL photo collection. Posted under this Creative Commons license.