By adamg on Tue, 02/06/2018 - 10:21am
UPDATE: BFD reports the cause was an unattended candle on the first floor.
Boston firefighters responded to 165 Lamartine St., near the Stony Brook T stop, around 10 a.m. for what turned into a three-alarm fire.
A daycare in the house was quickly evacuated; all five kids were removed safely. A small dog, however, was found dead.
The Boston Fire Department reports four residents of the home were displaced and that damage is estimated at $1 million.
The fire spread to all of the house's floors. Firefighters reported the bulk of the fire knocked down around 10:30 a.m., they continued to comb through the house looking for hot spots.
Amanda Kelly captured some of the fire: