Morton Street restaurant ordered shut: The beef stew was too cool and dishes were being washed in a mop sink

A Boston health inspector yesterday ordered La Belle Capoise, 884 Morton St., closed for a number of health violations.

Among the violations: Keeping cooked beef stew on a stove at just 115 degrees - when it should have been at at least 165 degrees to ward off bacteria. A city inspector also found there was no way for cooks to know the temperature because the kitchen didn't have a thermometer.

Also, "At the time of the inspection employee was observed washing pots and other dishes in the mop sink."

Another sink, intended for hand washing, was blocked by a radio. And the inspector found evidence of fruit flies in the kitchen.

Another reason for the closure: Nobody in the kitchen was certified in basic food safety.

The restaurant can re-open when it passes another inspection.

Neighborhoods: 

Topics: 

Free tagging: 

Ad:

Comments

Probably

By on

another A rating hanging on the door

up
Voting is closed. 7

Can somebody explain

By on

to me why the local media doesn't grill Marty about this. BTW I don't think I have seen the ratings discussed on any of the local news shows. How about it Adam, reach out to his office.

up
Voting is closed. 9

Seriously, will somebody please explain

By on

Seriously, will somebody please explain to me how this grading system works? How do these places that are repeatedly shut down, or found to have violations still have an "A" grade? Clearly, the system is not working.

up
Voting is closed. 20

It’s like the SATs

By on

They only count your highest score.

I regret that they didn’t use that metric in schools when I was growing up. Get an A on a test early in the marking period, then breeze for the rest of the time.

up
Voting is closed. 10

Grading

By on

We recently had the head inspector talk to our group. If they find a problem or two they stay on site until it is corrected to A standard. They rarely close a place unless it can't be resoved in a timely manner.

up
Voting is closed. 4

Wrong address

By on

The address is wrong, I believe it's actually 884 Morton Street but anyways thats bad and you got to be careful where you buy food from these days.

up
Voting is closed. 9

Address

By on

Stupid typo fixed, thanks.

up
Voting is closed. 6

Whoa!!

By on

If, indeed, there were health and sanitation violations, the proprietor(s) of the restaurant should be forced to rectify the situation immediately, as it's a true-blue public health issue,

up
Voting is closed. 10

Whoa!!

By on

If, indeed, there were health and sanitation violations, the proprietor(s) of the restaurant should be forced to rectify the situation immediately, as it's a true-blue public health issue,

up
Voting is closed. 7