FDA Advises Against Consumption of American Lobster (Maine Lobster) Tomalley
Regulators find dangerous levels of toxins that cause Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning ...
Symptoms of PSP include tingling and/or numbness of the mouth, face or neck; muscle weakness; headache; and nausea. In extreme cases, when large amounts of the toxin are consumed, these symptoms can lead to respiratory failure and death. Symptoms usually occur within two hours of exposure to the toxin. Anyone experiencing these symptoms should seek medical attention.
Via Pax Arcana, who puts the warning in much simpler terms.