Braintree Police report a man coming out of one of the hotels on Wood Road - between the Blue Hills Reservation and the South Shore Plaza - was bitten by a copperhead snake Thursday evening.
Police say the man was rushed to a local hospital for care while Environmental Police took the snake away. Police suggest that people who spot an interesting looking snake back away slowly.
Last month, police found another poisonous snake, a rattler, in the parking lot of a Braintree go-kart place.
Both copperheads and rattlesnakes are native to the Blue Hills Reservation.