By adamg on Fri, 03/23/2018 - 9:56pm
City Councilor Ed Flynn reports a dog was shocked and burned at Castle Island today, an apparent victim of "stray electricity" from a shorted-out or improperly connected electrical cable.
According to a discussion on the South Boston Community Bulletin Board the dog was one of two shocked today in an area near the Korean War Memorial on the far end of the park from the parking lot. Boston firefighters and other emergency responders rushed to the scene.
Flynn said that in response, he will be seeking a formal hearing on the problem, which has happened elsewhere in the city as well to dogs that have stepped onto metal plates over electrical junctions.