The Quincy House hotel, at the corner of Brattle Place and Brattle Square, had this cover printed for its Thanksgiving dinner in 1899 (from the New York Public Library collection).
Brattle Place and Brattle Square were eliminated in the 1960s by what is now Government Center. Had they stayed, one end of the hotel would block the entrance to City Hall; its front would face towards the Old State House.
The hotel went up in the early 1800s - the first structure in Boston to be built with Quincy granite. At its peak, the hotel had 500 rooms and was noted as a center for labor-union meetings - as well as a place for politicians to go to meet and greet supporters.
But its owners failed to modernize, it lost business to competitors and it closed in 1929. Six years later, the two banks that acquired the property tore the whoe thing down.
The hotel in 1860, before an addition that added three floors and a clock tower (from the BPL collection:
The hotel in 1895 (from the Boston City Archives):