The developers who bought two small buildings and a parking lot on Tremont Street from the order that runs Mission Church across the street have filed plans for a 139-unit residential building with 54 parking spaces - 44 set aside for the church and the remaining 10 for residents of the building - and room for a cafe.
Jason and Melanie Savage of Savage Real Estate say the building's two-level parking garage will have 14 charging stations for electric or plug-in vehicles.
They hope to begin two years of construction this fall.
The Savages bought the property from the Redemptorist Fathers for $3.7 million in 2016. The order runs Mission Church, more formally known as the Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
1558 Tremont St. filings and calendar.